We are looking forward to having you join us for our virtual potluck mixer on January 31, 2021 at 5:30pm. Bring your favorite food and pair it with one of the cocktails below.
Members can access the Zoom link by logging into your account on our website and looking at the Member Dashboard.
Thank you to our committed volunteer, Kristin O’Neal, for compiling this selection!
What’s fun about these cocktail & mocktail suggestions is their use of fresh herbs and fresh fruit. I’ve also enjoyed discovering the herb-infused simple syrup and what a difference they make for a full-of-flavor cocktail!
1. Blackberry, Sage and Grapefruit Mocktail
For those participating in “dry January,” above is a delicious mocktail to stir up.
2. Winter Cranberry Gin (or Vodka) Fizz Cocktail with Cran-Rosemary Infused Simple Syrup
If you have homemade cranberry sauce leftover from the holidays, you may use a spoonful of that in place of the fresh cranberries suggested in this recipe.
Another version of the same cocktail could use Mint Infused Simple Syrup.
- In Step #2 of the recipe, add 3 Fresh Mint Leaves to the shaker with Gin and Mint Simple Syrup
- Garnish with Fresh Cranberries skewered with additional Mint leaves
Note for both versions: To create more foamy fizz consistency, add an egg white to the cocktail shaker with all other ingredients ☺
3. Kyle’s Classic Old Fashioned (KO’s favorite version of this classic drink) ☺
Who’s Kyle? Kyle Saxon aka “Mr. National Water Dance,” husband to Director Dale Andree is a Miami native and an attorney who is also a wood turner, metal worker, talented artistic dabbler, cyclist and chocolate chip cookie maker.
· 1 sugar cube (1 tsp of sugar)—the sugar cube is just fun or ½ tsp maple syrup!
· 3 dashes of Angostura orange bitters (unless you’re Kyle, who makes his own)
· ½ tsp water
· 2 oz bourbon whiskey
· 1 small slice of Orange with the peal
· 1 Bada Bing cherry
1. Place sugar/maple syrup, bitters and water in a lowball glass and mix until dissolved
2. Add orange slice and press with a muddler or round part of wood spoon (Kyle handmade his own wooden muddler)
3. Add Bada Bing cherry
4. Add bourbon whiskey with large ice cube and swirl to combine. Enjoy!
Pick your favorite from the selection above or bring your own recipe and join us on Sunday, January 31st. We’re excited to see you!