Applications Open Through April 8, 2019
Atlanta, Ga. (February 11, 2019) ––This year marks the 10th anniversary of the Staibdance Summer Intensive in Sorrento, Italy. The 2019 program, taking place July 13-27, serves as a meeting place for emerging and established movement artists and includes partnerships with
visionary arts organizations in Naples.
Participants are encouraged to create collaboratively, embrace spontaneity, build foundations for life-long connections and hone their authentic, unique voices. The intensive is a source for personalized attention, providing the time and space for infinite growth as a performer.
Together, participants will merge with the history, customs
The two-week program culminates with an outdoor performance in Sant’Agata’s central piazza for the public.
George Staib, Staibdance artistic director, choreographer
His team of guest instructors
● Judith Sanchez Ruiz, Berlin-based director and educator – “Your Own God” Intensive Improvisation Workshop
● Anna Bracewell-Crowder, CORE Performance Company and Staibdance artist – Contemporary
● Jennifer Salk, associate professor and dance program director at University of Washington – Modern
● Gavriel Spitzer, former Batsheva Ensemble and the Batsheva Dance Company dancer – Gaga
● Elita Cannata, co-founder and performer of the young collective David&theDreamers -Countertechnique™
Applications opened Monday, January 21,
Interested dancers can apply online at www.staibdance.com/italy.
The $2,750 tuition includes 10 days of intensive study (3 classes and rehearsals per day), 14 nights accommodation at the 4-star Grand Hotel Hermitage, full breakfast and 4-course dinner daily at the Hermitage, group beach excursion, outdoor performance in Sant’Agata’s central piazza and round-trip airport transportation by private bus and car. A limited number of scholarships are available.
Staibdance is an Atlanta-based contemporary dance company. Since its founding in 2007 by George Staib, the company has worked to boost the visibility and viability of contemporary dance in the Southeast through performances, workshops and educational programming. With the establishment of the Staibdance Summer Intensive in Sorrento, Italy in 2010, the
Media Contact: Kelly Pierce – KP Marketing