FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sammy Spriggs, Operations Manager
DanceATL is inviting applications from dancers, patrons, and arts enthusiasts who wish to join its board of directors. DanceATL nurtures and promotes dance as a vibrant part of Atlanta’s arts ecosystem. We connect artists to resources, grow and engage audiences in the city, and support the full range of the industry by cultivating an awareness and appreciation of dance that is sustainable and expansive. Project activities focus on advocacy, professional development and information resources. They are designed to gather and disseminate information, convene individuals and groups around key issues, facilitate networking, and stimulate the communal voice.
DanceATL is seeking individuals who support our mission to join the Board of Directors. Candidates possess a range of skills, including but are not limited to organizational development, fundraising, marketing/communications, program development, and production. We are seeking a diverse board beyond c-suite executives. Dancers, audience members, activists, educators, business owners, etc., are all welcome to inquire. Board members play an active role in approving and monitoring the organization’s programs and services and identifying financial and human capital to advance our mission. DanceATL does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
– DanceATL requires 100% DanceATL Board Member participation through a donation of time, skills, and/or monetary giving.
– DanceATL Board Members are expected to attend 75% of the board meetings. The board meets on an average of 4 to 6 times a year.
– Each DanceATL Board Member is a volunteer on a committee or subcommittee of DanceATL.
– Each DanceATL Board Member shall continue in office for a three-year renewable term and are not compensated.
– DanceATL Board Members are expected to be a DanceATL member.
Please remit, through email, a letter of interest to Sammy Spriggs at email@example.com.