This is a repeating eventnovember 1, 2020 6:00 pm
Site-specific improvisation performances at 5pm and 6pm Many members of our community flock to parks and recreation areas where in the safety of open space and fresh air, we
Site-specific improvisation performances at 5pm and 6pm
Many members of our community flock to parks and recreation areas where in the safety of open space and fresh air, we can see each other and remember that while we may not be able to come close to one another, we are in this together.
The pop-up performances create opportunities for people to experience dance in unexpected places, while satisfying the need for in-person, creative connections that are both meaningful and safe. These improvisations will explore:
- How do limitations and/or freedoms of physical location serve as metaphors for social location?
- How might vast differences in physical location throughout the park serve as metaphors for social location?
- How can we communicate over vast amounts of space? Can we stay connected when we seem so far apart?
- Can we use movement, or a shared movement intention, to create a sense of intersectionality across differences in location?
- How does the environment of our individual location influence those who encounter us? What creative choices do we make, either in addition to or in partnership with the existing site, to influence those who encounter us?
Dance artists include Ashlee Ramsey, Jacquelyn Pritz, Peter Trojic, Sammy Spriggs
We encourage audience members to wear masks and physically distance around the park. This performance is sponsored by the City of Atlanta Mayor’s Office of Cultural Affairs.
(Sunday) 5:00 pm
2301 Dresden Dr NE, Atlanta, GA 30341