Good afternoon everyone,
DanceATL is seeking community feedback on a job description for an Operations Director. The job description is below. Any feedback is welcome. Please comment on tasks and duties, additional responsibilities, job title, etc.
This electronic feedback is in place of having an in-person community. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback. We will also post on our Facebook page and Instagram story @DanceAtlanta, feel free to DM us as well! Let us know if you have any questions.
Thank you for your support!
Operations Director Job Description
The Operations Director is responsible for creating and executing the strategic vision of the organization, including development of its programming. The Operations Director is responsible for communication with and accountability to the Advisory Board, as well as the day-to-day operations of the company.
Part-Time: 20-25 hours a week
- Extensive programming and administrative experience
- Development and Fundraising expertise
- Extensive knowledge of the dance field in Atlanta, GA
- Social Media and Digital Media experience – particularly Facebook, Instagram, WordPress, and MailChimp
- Assures the organization has long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Provides leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with Advisory Board and community and carries out plans/policies
- Serves as primary public face of the organization, establishing and maintaining contacts with the press, funding, business, and arts communities
- Maintains official records and documents, and ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Maintains a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field
Liaison to the Advisory Board
- Meets regularly with Advisory Board to review current programming & strategy and to review current and projected financial position
- Responsible for managing committees to meet set goals and benchmarks
- Cultivates relationships with community leaders
- Keeps orderly records of all financial activity relating to program activities
Human Resources & General Operations
- Responsible for hiring and firing
- New Hire Paperwork
- Employee Reviews
- Manages Volunteers and Volunteer Opportunities
- Manage Employee benefits
- Manage Insurance Policies: Office & Board Liability, Employee Healthcare, Special Event and Business Use of Vehicle policies.
- Presents Advisory Board with regular programming reports at community meetings
- Participates in all Strategic Planning/Evaluation Sessions
- Manages Membership and member benefits
- Creates and manages all programmatic activities
- Creates & maintains grant schedule
- Prepares and submits grants as scheduled
- Cultivates relationships with Foundation Trustees and Grant Officers
- Plans & produces effective fundraising/special events– from conception to completion
- Works closely with community leaders to increase event ROI
- Cultivate and manage individual donations (Work to increase donor base)
- Manages donor/patron information
- Secures underwriting/sponsorships
- Writes timely thank you notes with tax benefit form
Accountability & Relationships:
- Reports directly to Advisory Board
- Maintains danceatl.org website with updating calendar events, approving/revising event submissions, and sharing blog posts
- Posts regularly on @danceatlanta Instagram and Facebook informing audience and artists of Atlanta dance events
- Create email newsletters twice a week through Mailchimp
$16,800 per year