DanceATL is seeking individuals who support our mission to join the Board of Directors. Candidates possess a range of skills, including but are not limited to organizational development, fundraising, marketing/communications, program development, and production. We are seeking a diverse board beyond c-suite executives. Dancers, audience members, activists, educators, business owners, etc., are all welcome to inquire. Board members play an active role in approving and monitoring the organization’s programs and services and identifying financial and human capital to advance our mission. DanceATL does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
- DanceATL requires 100% board participation through a donation of time, skills, and/or monetary giving.
- Board members are expected to attend 75% of the board meetings. The board meets on an average of 4 to 6 times a year.
- Each member is a volunteer on a committee or subcommittee of DanceATL.
- Each director shall continue in office for a three-year renewable term and are not compensated.
- Board members are expected to be a DanceATL member.